This section describes the importance of structuring the mentoring relationship and outlines methods to establish mutually agreeable and beneficial expectations and boundaries.
- Ways to structure the mentoring relationship’s expectations and frame
- Elements of organization
- Pros and cons and fundamentals of effective mentoring contracts/agreements
- Establishing responsibilities and clarifying boundaries of the mentorship relationship
- What leads to good and bad mentor/mentee “fit”
- Periodic evaluation of the relationship
Structuring the Mentoring Relationship: Expectations and Boundaries.
Dookeran N, Fuhlbrigge R, Gottlieb B, Grodstein F, Haas A, Nadelson C, Seely E, Schoen F, Tsen L, Borus J. MedEdPORTAL Publications, September 2015.